The Ancient Magus` Bride
- + Has truly beautiful scenes
- + Wonderful magic and spirits
- + Great opposition and play with light and dark (visuals, emotions, situations)
- - Sporadic continuity issues
- - Some well established mood, seriousness, significance get broken by short low-poly joke scenes
- - Few scenes are too dark (brightness so low you can barely, or depending on your viewing environment, not make anything out at all) (they are few and short enough, and audible enough, to not be deal breakers)
Ambivalence between great or exceptional world and characters and their representations and interactions, and small issues breaking them.
It could have been exceptional, and in many scenes it still is. Really unfortunate/frustrating that fails to go the extra step with continuity and consistency.
Overall I really enjoyed it a lot.